Kimball Street 2nd Alarm Residential Structure Fire

At 12:13 a.m. on Tuesday, July 4, 2023, multiple 911 callers reported two homes burning on Kimball St. in the Clarke Farms neighborhood. Parker Police Department Officers were first to arrive, and they evacuated neighboring homes. A short time later, Battalion Chief 4, Engine 41 and Tower 45 arrived, they observed one home fully engulfed, and a second home half engulfed with flames. Due to the large volume of fire and threat to the neighborhood, a 2nd Alarm was called which brought approximately 70 total personnel from SMFR to the scene. During the initial hose deployment, a member sustained burns from the intense radiant heat. That member was transported to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries. Flames burning between the homes melted the utilities and free-flowing natural gas added to the already dangerous incident. Multiple hose lines and an aerial stream were used to control the fire which took nearly an hour. Once the fire was controlled, several hours of extensive overhaul was needed to extinguish hotspots. An unmanned aerial device (UAV) equipped with a thermal imaging camera was used to identify hot spots and direct hose lines with precision. Despite most of the occupants being asleep when the fire occurred, thankfully everyone evacuated the burning homes safely and without injuries. Investigators determined that one of the residents used legal fireworks on the evening of Monday, July 3rd and placed a used fountain-style firework in a plastic recycling bin against the garage. The smoldering firework ignited the plastic bin which spread to a wooden fence and siding before rapidly extending to the interior and attic space of both homes. If you choose to use fireworks, please soak them in a non-combustible container full of water overnight. Place the container of water and used fireworks on a cement or rock surface away from anything that can burn. Once the fireworks have been submerged overnight and are fully soaked, dump all the contents into double trash bags for disposal in the garbage.

Incident Photos